Thursday 5 August 2010

SOFA, so good!

Well someone had to say it...
I had a fab day today.  I took four pieces of work down to the Society of Feline Artists submission day for their annual exhibition.

I was very nervous as this is my first time exhibiting at this venue and it's the one to be at really as it's in London at the Llewellyn Alexander Gallery in Waterloo.  One of my images has been used for the catalogue and all four submissions were accepted into the exhibition, so I'm excited to see the outcome.

Fellow artist Sue Clinker, who's blog Pencilpix you can visit from my blogroll, has also submitted work, so I have had my fingers crossed for her all day too. 
I'm told that all the work will shortly be on the gallery website so watch out for the pair of us!

The Society of Feline Artists run this exhibition every year and it is eagerly awaited and attended by cat lovers from around the world. 

You can read more about SOFA here.

4 comments:

  1. I am going to see the exhibition at the beginning of Sept so will look out for your pieces ;o)
    Gx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool G!
    There are some stunning pieces there. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    The guy in front of me submitted some grest pieces which had been airbrushed - very soft and very detailed. I'm going to mail him the link to the PP forum, so he might show some on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you coming to see the opening of the show on Tuesday? It's always a lot of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise
    Lovely to hear from you. Yes I am hoping to get there, but not sure what time.

    It is such a small world! I was as the Coontica cat show this weekend (hence the late reply) and two people mentioned you...all good stuff I hasten to add. I didn't catch their names but a lovely lady who breeds cats, is a great friend of yours and will be at the gallery was chatting for ages ;0)

    Anyway look forward to meeting you. Off to check out your blog now.
    Takec care

    Jilly
    x

    ReplyDelete